If you came here from CorradoG60.com, I'm sorry but that site will be closed down over a period of time due to lack of use. Thanks, Neil.
I bought my G60 24th January 2005. It's Gloss Black, colour code L041, first registered in the UK 10th April 1992 and manufactured 23rd March 1992.
I'm leaving out many details & pictures of modifications that either never came to fruition, or are still under development. For example, nitrous oxide was part fitted at one stage but never completed, I'm also leaving off details of many service intervals such as 3x heater matrix replacements and 3x Waterpump replacements!
I've now owned this Corrado for: 11 years, 11 months, 28 days. It's been a real love/hate relationship with this car as I'm sure many Corrado owners can appreciate! There's an old meme from around the net that says:
Want to hear a good Corrado joke? Hold on, I'm working on it.
More a matter of fact than a joke for most owners maybe! But anyway, these old retro Karmann built Volkswagens seem to draw us in somehow. And we bow to their every need to keep them going, whatever the reason may be.
Why G60 over VR6 or 16 Valve?
Well I've always been a fan of, and more used to highly stressed cars in general. That's because I'm actually a normally aspirated Man at heart. Think high revving, steel internals.
I personally find the VR6 to be a little lazy in it's 'response' although obviously it pulls well and can make good power (Expensively) but I ruled it out. Then there's the 16 valve, well I'd already had a few over the years running twin webers etc and I just wanted something with more power from the start. So the Supercharged G60 was the one for me. The G60 definitely falls into the more 'Highly stressed' category of Vw!
Corrado G60 owners register
Check out the Corrado G60 owners register & forum that I run. There you can find lots of interesting details and information on the Corrado G60 such as:
- Buyers guide - Information checklist providing all the details you need when looking at buying a Vw Corrado G60.
- History - Read how the Corrado G60 was born from the Mk2 Scirocco, with lots of information, pictures, video.
- 16v G60 - A page covering the rare Volkswagen Motorsport Corrado 16v G60.
- G60 Jet - The G60 JET model detailed here, a German market only car.
- OEM Wheels - Everything you ever wanted to know about OEM and factory wheels for the G60 Corrado.
- Option codes decoder - A very handy Option codes decoder for your boot stickers.
- Owners register - The Corrado G60 Owners register has some great stats & figures, be sure to add yours!
Thanks for checking out my site, which was last updated Thu, January 19. 2017.
You can find me on twitter, facebook and google plus And if you use IFTTT you can get an update of any site comments via Twitter or Facebook.